Thursday, July 16, 2009

On the Day You Born

Dear Isabella and Sophia,

This first letter is many years overdue. The days you were born were the happiest moments in my life (no offense Kristy). It is truly impossible to put into words what a dad feels on the day his daughters are born. But I am going to try. I remember driving with your mommy to the hospital, just the two of us, and realizing for the first time how much our lives were going to change. I think people generally think of hospitals as places where sick people go; but to me your birthing Hospital is a place of life and love. I can close my eyes and still recall the vivid image of both of you entering the world. I remember every color, every cry, every smell of the delivery room. I also remember that I couldn't take my eyes of you. I fell in love with you the moment I laid eyes on you. . . to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment